First Secondary wound today!

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hi All,

I finished my intermittent coil winder and wound my first secondary today.
Intermittent because that is what the 1/2 horsepower Sears garage door
opener motor is rated.  In spite of a cool day and a 100 CFM fan blowing on
it, the motor stopped twice (I stopped it more often than that.)  It's a
chain drive to a one inch black pipe.  I rigged a foot switch with a
reversing switch so it was a one person job.  If you're a Tesla greenhorn,
make sure that the wire is TIGHT.  I managed to clear a nasty backlash and
added one coat of Polyurethane varnish.  .  It took 3 hours, but I'm sure
that the next one will go faster (several false starts, the backlash, etc.)

1632 turns of 26 AWG on an 8 inch PVC sewer pipe.  BTW the 8 inch sewer pipe
(green) is exactly 26.5 inches in circumference; somewhat more than 8 inches
outside diameter.  The coil length is 27 3/4 inches long.

Pete Komen