Re: Unpotting techniques...

Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Mike.  I have four allanson 15/60 trannys, unpotted.  The reason they
are unpotted is cause they all gave out more or less. Two of them work
really great now.  A third I use for the 'Jacobs ladder', and the fourth
is somewhat lacking in potential and buzzes really bad since the
secondaries are shorted way deep and even unpotting and surgery would not
help them.  Any way, I almost wish now that I had chosen 12/60 trannys at
the start since it would not have been quite so deletrious to the other
parts of the tank circuit. But, if you gotta go, then go with the 15/60,
the corona and arcs will be magnificent before they croak.  (Remember, I
said almost wish I had 12/60's at the start!)  But, you are saying that
the Franceformer seems to have twice the size secondary?  Hhhmm, does
someone sell Francys on the list?  I'd like to crack open one of the
15/60 Francys.    Al.

msnip...