Re: getting three phase power

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Albert
Based on the Colorado Springs Notes, there is no substantial evidence that
Tesla used 3 phase power.  His own notebook illustrated single phase power
was used throughout his encampment at CS..

At Wardenclyfe (sp?) in 1902-3, based on previously unpublished photographs by
L. Anderson, three (3) transformers of approximate same size of CS are noted.
The generator that was powered by a steam engine was rated at 200kW and
close up photos suggest that it may have been polyphase.  A synchronous high
power sparkgap/rectifier system as mentioned by several posters within the
past week was also clearly shown in his experimental hall.  So there is some
evidence that polyphase power may have been used on Long Island.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>