Re: Caps ??

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

I've got a quick question about the saltwater caps:
I know that the saltwater inside is one conducting plate and the saltwater on
the outside is the other, so why wrap them in foil?? Is it so they can be
connected to eachother by setting them on a metal plate? Why can't you make
the saltwater caps but not submerge them in saltwater since the foil on the
outside could be one of the plates?
This is just something I've been wondering about for a while.
Thanks everyone,
Dennis