Re: Pig Beautification and Craftsmanship

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Paul Marshall by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Chris,
>   The coating is called Cermatel. It is used in the aerospace Industry.
>It is baked on at 450ºF - 500ºF for 30-45 mins.
>
>Paul m.
>
>PS: It is an Aluminumized coating.

What is the Red coating under it and inside the pig? There are runns inside
of the Gray coating over the red (like it was dipped in a prod run and
flipped over to dry).

The Cermatel is NASTY stuff....it has to be practicly ground off, (hand
sanding would take HOURS!) we used 80Grt then 180, then 300 to shine it up.
The red comes right off, but the Grey is a serious pain.

Thank's for the info on the coating! I honestly thought it was plain old
primer. Cool!

Christopher "Boy of burly arms" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org