Re: Power Coating Caution (was: RE: Pig Beautification andCraftsmanship)

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Cool pics, I'm suprised the wall was still there.
>
> We will NOT be powder-coating the pig. Though our Pig isn't a pressure
> vessel (there's a poppet valve on ours to vent the air inside when it gets
> warm, must run in a slight vacuum in the winter).

Snipperzzz...

Hi Chris...

you mentioned that you are planning on painting the pig  are you going to
degut it first ??  :)

how much abuse are you going to put the pig thru once its painted ??  if
the abuse is going to be minimal ((
not going to drag it over concrete when moving it))  give it some
consideration to some of the new automotive
paints available.  lots of colors to choose from and the new
basecoat/clearcoats systems are really durable.

you wont have to worry about baking either , the catalysts used in the
clearcoats make the paint as smooth
and nearly as hard as glass.

Scot D