Re: Resistors for a RC network

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

<<snip>>
>I want to use RS components 50W wire-wound resistors encased in an anodised
>aluminium case. I may have to use 100W resistors or higher, but I >Can I
use 50W or 100W resistors for 1800 Watts?
<<unsnip>>

Hi Keith.
DON'T usethe metal encased resistors! You get terrible problems with
flashover..
I had two of the ones you mentioned [100W], but had to get rid of them.
[nice way to waste $35]

The way to go is making a 'MMR'. RS sells ceramic resistors, much cheaper,
and proven in Tesla application.

I'm not exactly sure of the specifications you would need for your system,
[I'm still new at this]

I'd recommend that you contacted Dr. Duncan Cadd, he helped me design my
MMR. (dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com)

By the way, the #'s of ceramics is:2061495 [Wire wound Ceramic, 11W, 3k]

Hope this helps,
Simon