Re: Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi Troy.
For the SSPG, I'd recommend looking at Don's Site, which goes into this in
much detail.
http://www.fwpd-dot-net/dona/tesla/sparkgap.htm

For safetys, I'd use this method, it was more simple than the L braces.
I've found one of the most simple ways of making a spark gap is to cut a 2"
high section of PVC [or similar] piping, and put two bolts [equipped with
nuts and washers for the NST hot] through the opposite sides. You might also
like to a a bolt for the RF ground in there too, at rights angles to the
other bolts.

This is what I use on my system, and it seems to go fine :)

Good luck,
Simon