Re: Safety gaps at high power (Pole Transformers)

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "kd4lyh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<kd4lyh-at-email.msn-dot-com>

> Hello,
> Is anyone using a centered grounded electrode between their Transformer and
> Tank cap safety gaps on there pole transformers. There was a breif
dicussion on
> the list about safety gaps -at- high power but no mention of using a centered
> grounded electrode on either the transformer or primary tank capacitor. I was
> curious if it really makes much of a differance. Any feedback is appreciated.
> Jeff

hi Jeff...

I use the center ball type safety gap on my pig system   the 2 outer balls
are hooked up to the
cap and trannie output ( see http//members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/ (( my
web page on coiling and
such)) )

i find it works rather well when it is needed.

Scot D