Re: Saftey Gaps -at- High power(Pole Transformers)

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "kd4lyh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<kd4lyh-at-email.msn-dot-com>

> Hello List,
> Awhile back there were some postings on this subject. My question is ? Does
> anyone use a center electrode between the saftey gaps or is this not used . I
> use saftey gaps on my pole transformer and tank cap but I dont use a center
> electrode. Im wondering if I should ad a center electrode on both the
tank cap
> and transformer safety gap.The center electrode would go to RF ground. Any
> feedback is appreciated.
> Jeff

Jeff,

I never have used a center electrode on my safety gaps. There is no
benefit that I can see. And strange as it might seem, I don't use an RF
ground either and my systems seem to work just fine! :^)

Ed Wingate RATCB