Re: Coil Experiments / Old Tesla plans

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Just so.

I have done the same, the rotor need not be very crafty, tho attention
to detail will pay off.  For a 'quick & dirty' test, a piece of #14
copper wire, hand bent to a loose 's', crude points on the ends,
Squeeze flattish in the middle with a pair of pliers, and prick punch
a conical depression in the flat bit in the center.  Rig a pivot
point (say a point filed on a bolt.... whatever... ) on the HV terminal.

(The inherent corona losses will hold the voltage WAY down anyway.)

With power off, balance the rotor, by adjusting the curvature gently.

Power up and, with luck, it will spin up.

(Mine was bench tested on a quasi commercial 15kvdc ESD tester...)

Additional attention to detail (physcial symetry, etc,) will pay
benefits.  Simple should do to get started...

	best
	dwp
Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Cook by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>