Re: Safety Gap Puzzle

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Greg,

Based upon the brilliance of the safety gap firing, you must not have any
series resistors (RC protective networks) between the main gap and safety
gaps, and I'll assume your safety gap was set to fire only at abnormally
high tank voltages. When your safety gaps did fire you had an abnormally
high tank capacitor voltage resulting in a significantly larger "bang"
size. A series of these larger bangs in rapid succession may be what gave
you the markedly stronger discharges.

However, for this theory to apply, BOTH safety gaps would need to be firing
to complete the tank LC circuit. The fact that the discharge current passed
through electrodes that happened to be grounded should not be important.
Did you ever see this phenomenon occurring with only ONE safety gap firing?

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>