Along the lines of "Trying this at home"

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

I would definitely not try shooting arcs out of my fingers (or any body part),
but I was curious as to whether or not something else similar was dangerous. I
built a small table top coil. Then got a copper tube about 4 inches long. I
covered the thing with electrical tape (except for the ends) then I wound a
great deal of tap around one section (about a 4 inch dia. tape role around the
tube). Then I hooked up a grounded wire to the other end of the copper tube. I
used the tube to draw arcs from my coil, while holding on by the big tape
rolled section. Is this dangerous?
Thanks.