Re: nst shock

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CHURCHMON-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi ,
Although I don't like to speak about these mishaps mainly because the only
expeience that  I  had was a very bad one!
The thing I noticed about most of the posts reguarding nst shocks is that some
were not grounded well.
In my situation I was ten years old and my father gave me a 12/60 for a
jacobs ladder
(only to be operated when he was around).
"Where's the fun in that" I thought  to myself, so one night while a
babysitter was watching me (play) with the set-up, the gap stopped arcing.
It being summer and me not having any shoes on and having no idea of what
being
grounded really meant, I forgot to unplug the tranny to make adjustments!
As soon as my left index finger came in contact with the circuit I saw the
orange
flame and convulsed violently for what seemed like an eternity then left the
floor
problably due to muscle reflex. When I was finally able to gather my
faculties the real
shock set in! A running, screaming and crying rant began along with a nasty
third
degree burn on my finger. This was ABSOLUTLY the worst electical shock I have
endured ever , I'm 38 yrs old now and the incident is still very fresh in my
mind!

Mike Church (CHURCHMON)-at-aol