Ye want to get a picture of yourself throwing sparks the safe way? Here's how!

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

This is the only safe way I can think to obtain such a picture.

Take a picture of the coil tossing out a spark from a wire sticking out of
the right side of the toriod.

Then with the coil turned off, place your finger where the wire end is and
you standing on the left side of the wire. Take pictures from a tripod so
you don't move the camera.

If you do it right, you should have two pictures that you can cut down the
middle and line them up so that you have one picture that looks like you are
throwing the streamers instead of the wire. Scan that picture back into your
computer and viola! You got a real conversation piece. For extra laughs, put
your nose, chin or stick out youer tongue there instead of your finger when
you take the second pic!

Now you got a picture of you doing this, without undue risk to yourself, and
if you refer to it as "Trick Photography" which it is, it will minimize the
chances of someone trying it at home.

If everything is done on a totally uniform background, you could just place
the spark where you want, have it coming out several places.

I think there is probably some software you can also use to just edit it up
and avoid the manual lining up.