Re: Triggered RQ/TCBOR gap?

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Weazle,Jason.
 I tried this with a 4 electrode-3 gap configuration. Using a Dimmer and
9/30 nst across the center
gap as a trigger. It wouldn't fire. Then I tried the two end gaps and it
still didn't work.
 Finally I connected 1 end of the neon to the gnd/center tap of the step up
transformer and I got
reliable firing in a 3 electrode-2 gap configuration.
 I think the auto coil is a better choice than the NST, but it is more
tricky to get is working right
with more than 2 gaps.
Regards,
 James T

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>