Geek Group Teslathon Last Saturday

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com>

To all that attended the Geek Group Teslathon last Saturday - WOW! what a
blast.
To all that missed it - you missed a good time!

There were plenty of things blowing-up/arcing/burning/etc.  We ran my 11-inch
coil long and hard trying to smoke a running HP computer.  It's amazing how
long it took to fry it.

Thanks to The Geek Group for hosting the event.  Always good to meet fellow
coilers.

I was going to run my coil tonight, but when I opened up the gap cabinet I
found some interesting things that need fixing.  The rotary gaps are all
covered in white ash, and the series gaps got so hot they smoked the phenolic
base.  I put photos up on my web site
http://members.aol-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm

Anyway, I know what I'm doing this afternoon - rebuilding some gaps.

R. Scott Coppersmith