RE: Three phase TC

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

Jason,

You could build a triangular setup of three coils. This would probably give
you the effect you are after but the secondaries won't be synchronized with
each other in any way.

Or you could fire each coil in sequence utilizing a common rotary spark
gap. This would sequence the arcs around in a circle but you wouldn't have
the arc attraction/repulsion effect a bipolar has. I'd expect each
secondary to arc which ever direction it wants. And while the coils are
firing in sequence they still wouldn't be in phase with other. In fact only
one would be firing at a time.

At this point I don't see any way to make the secondaries resonate
120-degrees out of phase. 180-degrees (Bipolar) is easy as you have the
choice of two different directions of magnetic flux to utilize (sort of
like a binary circuit). Unfortunately there is no third choice...

Regards,
Brian B.