Shorted Secondary turns

During the destruction of Sam I personally held a jesus stick drawing 6"
solid arcs (though they are REALLY weird looking, like a Plasma
Ball....smooth and fuzzy) from a spot about 6" down the secondary until we
burned a hole through the insulation and toasted it.

Mark, using my Gerber Knife as a precision instrument, picked the wire out,
unwound a few turns, and twisted the ends together, leaving a 1.5" pigtail
sticking straight out.

It worked fine! lol :)

I wouldn't reccomend trying this on your coil, but it's an interesting demo
of how tough these can be :)

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 7/6/01 3:37:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>
> > When I finished
> >  (there were three junctions) I applied a little flux and then a
>soldering
> >  iron with a small blob of solder on it to the joint and let the solder
>wick
> >  in.  I may have created a shorted turn or two, but I have not had any
> >  problems with my secondary.
> >
> >  Hans
>
>Hans, all,
>
>If you indeed have some shorted turns in the secondary, this will
>probably reduce your output by about 8% or more.  I lost about
>8% in spark length when I had one shorted turn.
>
>John

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek