Re: Math help...

Original poster: "David L Wilson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daveandcynthia-at-juno-dot-com>

> Luc,
>
> It can be shown that if a capacitor is charged through a resistor,
> and if
> the charge time is sufficient to virtually fully charge the cap
> (Tcharge >
> 3RC), then the series resistor will dissipate the SAME amount of
> energy as
> the energy that ends up being stored in the capacitor. Knowing this
> simplifies the problem a bit.

Wow!  Since all TC's have at least some stray resistance in the wiring of
the tank circuit, does this mean any Tesla Coil can never be more than
50% efficient?  It seems so if the same amount of energy delivered to the
tank capacitor is dissipated in the wiring.  Would someone correct me if
this is wrong, as I am a little confused by it.

Sincerely,

Josh Wilson