RE: Strange behavior

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Perhaps your static gap is developing extreme hot spots on the electrodes
which stop the quenching action. Increase the suction through your gap to
see if this stops the problem or changes much the amount of time it takes
for the problem to develop.

Godfrey Loudner