NO Cal Teslathon - Calling all Pics/Videos and Kudos

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

First I want to thank everyone for attending, It was awesome! Tho there
weren't as many coils as I expected, it was the many spectators that made
the event sooo much better. We like to show of them coils and hear them
Oooohs, and Ahhhs.

I took a lot of pictures, unfortunately, none but one of the 60 spark
pictures turned out because the camera was in delay mode and I could not
tell in the dark. Instead of taking the picture when I snapped it, and
indicating the picture was done by the flashing led, the camera was actually
taking the picture a second or two after the led flashed, and it was
actually taking the picture as I was lowering the camera, wrecking every
picture but one.

I have a CD burner and am interested in putting together a CD of the event,
with pics, video and commentary. I'll probably make it a web page and make
it available to those interested. I don't know what the postage would be,
but I'll figure that out later.

I would love to recieve any good pictures folks got of the event, anyone
has. If you could send them to me at garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net I would be most
grateful!

To recieve Video, I have ICQ userid 220884. I can bring icq up and recieve
files or maybe they could be downloaded from somewhere.

Greg Leyh, huge 20' high coil (Maybe taller), was a highlight throwing huge
sparks that I can only guess at the length ~20+ feet?

His was made of eight guage wire for the secondary!! It was so huge, I
walked right past it and didn't see it. Reminded me of the ant that thought
he was on land but was on someone's thumb. I think I mistook it for a grain
silo!

Kerek, a most striking teen, had her coil to show off, a huge unit with a
top load made from an diesel truck tire innertube, powered by a huge, white
pole pig tossing sparks at ~12 foot long?

It so happened that Greg's coil was resonant with Kerek's coil and it caused
her coil to emit sparks large enough that it looked like her coil was
operating too!

Kudo to Jonathan Peakall for his great bbq'd chicken and others who brought
drinks and other goodies!

Kennan brought is fine solid state Herrick Coil and was most defanately a
hightlight of the show.

Scott H, had a real nice looking unit, tossing some massive sparks,
eliciting some nice oOoh's and Ahhhs! Scott's was the coil I got my one good
spark picture of. Like Kennan's, his didn't really need the dark to put on a
good show!

There was the nicely built wimhurst machine as well.

Another finely built coil, was a unit that was built to be tunable via a
remote control box that was used to adjust the gap WHILE RUNNING!, The owner
used an osciloscope to tune it!! What a dramatic increase in sparks occurred
when he hit the sweet spot! Forgive me for forgetting names, burn my memory
for being like a steel sieve but I know someone will let me know the names
of the coiler who had his fine tunable unit.

Another coiler brought a fine little table top unit and a bipolar, unit that
inspires me to build one just like it out of the fine butyrate clear tubing
that Jim Heagy gave away for the event, and kudos to Kennan for his
generosity in giving away those huge Capacitors!

There were at my guess about 50 people in attendance on Saturday, I wish I
could have stayed for both days. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!
I had never met another coiler till that day!

I hope this event will be something all of us will remember for years to
come and be a springboard for a possible state-wide teslathon in the future!
;-)