RE: Secondary Questions

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hello Jake,

#22 - 700 turns 18.9 inches or 800 turns 21.6 inches
#24 - 1000 turns 21.6 inches
#26 - 1200 turns 20.7 inches
#28 -- 1500 turns 20.6 inches

The circumference of a circle is the diameter times PI.  The 4" PVC I have
is about 14.25" around (near 4.4?" diameter).
Multiply the circumference by the number of turns.  14.25 x 1000 = 14,250
inches or 1187.5 feet.  I can measure the circumference more accurately than
the diameter.

There are wire tables to help figure this stuff out.  Numbers based on
experience will vary.

The price on eBay seems to be running about $4 per pound or more.  That was
about the price from a motor winding place in town.

Regards,

Pete Komen