Re: tube specs

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Robin,

A good sources for Industrial and Broadcast tubes include Richardson
Electronics:
http://www.rell-dot-com/

The C6J is a Xenon thyratron, rated at a PIV of 1250 volts, Peak Forward
Voltage of 1000 volts, anode peak current of 80,000 amps, Ave. anode
current of 6.4 Amps. It uses a 2.5V, 21 Amp filament. See the Richardson
site for details.

The DCG5/5000GB is a mercury vapor rectifier, rated at 6 amps at 10 kV (60
degrees C), with a 5 volt, 7 amp filament. Its specs can be seen (in
Spanish!) at:
http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/jlvillabona/w-hoja5g.htm

The ZY1000 is similar to the above mercury vapor rectifier, but has a
slightly higher PIV rating. It is also found at the site above (in
Spanish):
http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/jlvillabona/w-hoja12.htm

National electronics NL760L, NL-710L/7509A is similar to the C6J above,
except that it uses mercury vapor, is rated for 77,000 peak amps, at 1500
PIV and PFV, with a 2.5V, 21 Amp filament. Its specs can be found at the
Richardson Electronics Site.

English Electric Valve s/n 6015/7325,  BR1126 - no info available.

Ignitron BK448/5551A: is a size B (2 3/4" diameter, 9" long), 500 PIV, 56
Amp continuous, water cooled ignitron. Some info available on the
Richardson site and some (for the older 5551) in Tube Lore.

Hope this helped!

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Robin Copini by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rcopini-at-merlin-dot-net.au>