Re: secondary wire/ primary spacing

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I once used 22AWG stranded, plastic insulated hookup
wire to wind a 4.5" x 24" secondary.  The stuff went
on at about 20 turns per inch.  The finished coil
worked fine, although the resonant frequency was a bit
high.  On the plus side, the bright red plastic
insulation looked great after sealing with clear gloss
urethane.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg