Re: Math help...

irradiation of electromagnetic waves. The later effect can
> be calculated, by considering the structure as an antenna (don't ask
> me how...)
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

	The radiation loss can be calculated using formulae for "helical
antennas" in almost any antenna handbook.  The dimensions of any TC I
have ever heard of are so small compared to the operating wavelength
that the radiation is negligible.  I once alculated this for a 1 foot
diameter by 6 foot long coil at 200 kHz, but don't have the numbers
now.  The radiated power was so small that I decided it was of no
importance in creating RF interference into nearby receivers.

Ed