distributed capacitance... was Re: secondary question

This distributed turn to turn capacitance will cause some self resonance,
but I think the dominant capacitance effect on a tesla secondary (other than
the top load) is the capacitance of the secondary to ground (aka the
Medhurst capacitance).  For all intents and purposes, the secondary acts
like a big conducting cylinder sticking up at right angles to a ground plane
(i.e. the primary, or maybe a real ground plane).