Re: Three phase TC

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Chris,

The sequence of three trigger pulses, separated by 120 RF degrees at Fo,
can be generated at whatever break rate is desired, and you could "fire"
the gaps at this rate for however long you desired. Triggering could be
done synchronously with the incoming single phase mains, or by using a
variable rate pulse generator to drive a variable break rate if using a
DC resonant charging system.

Every time you want to "fire" the main gaps, you would initiate a
sequence of three triggering pulses. The system would otherwise run just
like Marc's triggered disruptive system, except that it would have three
tank circuits, three triggered gaps, and three resonators. It would
simply "look" like all three gaps were firing at the exact same instant
at whatever breakrate was desired, but the phasing would actually be 120
degrees apart each time the gaps were triggered.

It should be feasible and not too difficult. Computer control could be
an added wrinkle, but simple logic circuitry would work just fine.
Sometimes "KISS" is better, especially with Tesla Coils...

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

<SNIP>