Re: input transformer trouble

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Andreas,

MOTs are a pain in the neck (please forgive the
Americanism).  If you wire 4 MOTs with their
secondaries in series and their primaries in parallel
with the 240V mains, they are going to draw lots more
than 16A.  Probably 30-50A is a more realistic
expectation.  If you wish to draw only 16A, you will
need some external current limiting (ballast).  A 5th
MOT with its secondary shorted to its own core and its
primary in series with the 4 MOTs would make a
suitable ballast.  You might want to consider a twin
MOT power supply with voltage doublers to cut down on
the current draw.  It's simpler than it sounds.  See
my site and my link Marco Denickolai's site for
details.  Marco used Euro MOTs to build his supply,
and my supply is a copy of his, so you might want to
start with his diagram & description.  I've got a link
to his site on my home page.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer/greg