'Amazing Goo' and Rubbermaid.

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Recently, I noticed that the silicone seal I had put around my rubbermaid
container for my depotted NST had absorbed a goodly amount of mineral oil and
had swollen and come completely loose. When I took it out, in fact, the lid had
come clear up and the packing tape had also been loosened.

I got an ammo box, but noticed that it was too high to fit into the enclosure
and I know its best to keep large metal objects at least a foot or so away from
the primary.

Having heard about Shoe goo from someone on this list, I looked I found
something called "Amazing Goo" and Regular Goo and I recently tried a shot of
this, and this stuff seems to stick pretty good at least so far. It especially
seems to stick well to the wires coming out of the container.

Its for plastics, and all kinds of stuff.

I cut a small about an inch by a half inch in the top and put a fan there and
left it for some hours to air out the enclosure so that tulene fumes wouldn't
be there to ignite in the case of a spark inside, which I've seen none. I will
cover the hole with some tape.

Just thought this might be something to pass along to those who want to depot a
transformer, but have limited room for an enclosure.

Possibly the shoe goo might have worked, but this stuff looked rather
interesting. It's advertized to have the strength of super glue, but without
the brittleness.