Re: Twin coils on ebay

Hi Michael,

Tesla coil "liability" is always a "fun" subject :-))

"I" just take the "stance" that people that go near Tesla coils are
suicidal maniacs that "I" can't control :-))  We post all the "disclaimers"
at all out web sites saying that this is a really screwed up and wildly
dangerous hobby, but still people jump into it like mad.  All we can do is
try to explain and warn them about the "safety stuff" in hopes that they
won't hurt themselves...

Let's make one thing "perfectly clear".  Tesla coils deal with thousands of
amps and hundreds of thousands of volts.  They are extremely dangerous!
Anyone who wants to play with such things does so solely at their own
risk!!  If you blow yourself into oblivion, that is your choice.  You could
be working in the garden or watching TV right now...

I could jump on a plane, patrol know sites of the "base jumpers", wrastle
them to the ground, cuff them up, and haul them to the cops... and still
get sued ;-))  Fact is, anyone can get "sued" at anytime for anything...
All we can do, is do the "right thing".  What counts, is what "wins"...

I don't know of any Tesla coil law suits...  Perhaps like Tesla coil
deaths, we should watch them and study them to make our hobby as safe as it
can be from the legal side too.  While the "hypotheticals" are endless, the
real successful lawsuits are what really count.  I have heard of maybe
someone getting hurt in Florida and going maybe to court, but no results...
 Anyone heard of any Tesla coil litigation going on???

Cheers,

	Terry