From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 9:21 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Working with Plexiglas

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dear List,

I sometimes use Plexiglas for Tesla coil components,
but I still haven't figured out how to work the stuff.
 When I saw it with an electric jigsaw, the cut tends
to fuse back together after the blade has passed.
When I finally do get the stuff cut, I have a rough
edge that defies my best efforts to smooth & polish
it.  What's the secret to cutting Plexiglas sheet?
How do I get a professional-looking finish on the
edges?  What's the best glue to use with it?  How do I
use power tools on it without melting it?

If the explanations get really long, or get into
subjects not of general interest to TC builders,
kindly reply off-list.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg