Re: triggered gaps in Re: Three phase TC

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

on more reflection of this topic (i missed reading quite a few good
posts), i setup the triggered gap to check triggering pulse during
streamer loading, it seems the simple ford\dimmer coil doesn't see
anything that alters the trigger pulsed timing, but then i'm not that
spiffy with the scope things yet.
i think as soon as the new darlington's go into the drives, i will try a
three phase nst setup with three small coils as identical as i can make
them. i will try three triggered gaps and try to set the dimmers as
close as possible with my scope, then give it a whirl?
one thing though, i put my hv trigger lead through one turn of a flyback
core to stop any nasties from getting back to the coil, when i took this
out it seems some transients spike the trigger pulse from the triacs?
this too could just be "me" but i thought i would mention it for those
getting ready to play.
i'm very happy there is so much interest in the triggered gap these
days, it WAS a bit frustrating to feel it such a good gap and no one
else trying it out?
maybe with the controllability and simplicity offered by it, we will see
some interesting new things coming about, i know there is already some
good conversations flowing.
good days ahead,
marc m.