Re: NST Power Factor

Hi Jake,

All those transformers are the same.  However, the guys that put the labels on
seem to be different :-))  Into a resistive load, 490 watts is probably pretty
accurate.  For Tesla coils, 900 watts will be better.  The 15000 volts and the
60mA parts are what you need to know.  I would ignore the watts number on the
label.  Some transformers may have internal PFC caps but that still does not
change things much.

Cheers,

        Terry