Cutting Acrylic

Original poster: "Ben Murrell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <benmurrell-at-att-dot-net>

Hi all,
        I have been trying to cut out some acrylic for a primary coil form and
have run into some major problems. First off, my scroll saw balde will not cut
a 90 degree turn into the acrylic.I started cutting anyways, knowing I would
have to switch off later. After a few cuts, the acrylic began to break where I
was cutting. Luckily, the breakings did not come off at high speeds and no
damage was caused to me. Also, the areas of acrylic that need to remain intact
still remain intact. I later tryed using and exacto type knife. After 30
minutes of repaeted cutting in the same place, only a tiny groove was taken
out. I tryed varying pressure and angle to no avail. Does anyone know a "good"
way to cut through .1inch acrylic easily and quickly with little to no risk of
breaking?
Thanks in advance,
Ben