Re: idea for coil

Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>

I think that that might be possible in theory, but there are a few things
to consider.
1) try to find a capacitor rated at 800kv that doesn't cost 10 grand, or
try to build an
mmc bank that can stand 800kv with under 1,000 capacitors.
2) your spark gap will have to be able to handle that much voltage, that
will be a trick
3) remember, it is not the voltage you stick into your tank circuit, it is
the energy, 5kw
at 15,000 volts will produce the same sparks as 5kw at 800,000 volts.

just my two cents