Re: Liability...the thread that will not die..

Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

Juju statistics if I'v ever seen them! What is the simularity of a surgeon
doing a tripple bypass and a 12 year old accidentally shooting his 4 year
old brother? What did guns have to do with the liabilty issues of
"expiremental" HV equipment?

Like they say: apples and oranges

Bottom line (IMHO): If you sell HV kits (disasembled TC) or other
potentially dangerous equipment, just have the buyer sign a "end use
statment" or a "hold harmeless" statement. I sign those all the time while
purchasing chemicals...

Something to the order:

By agreeing to the perchase of "item", the buyer acknowledges:

A. That he/she is 21 years of age or older,
B. That there is no warrenty, expessed or implied, ie., item sold "as is"
C. In no event shall the seller, or seller's heirs and assigns, be liable
for consequential damages, nor shall seller's liability on any claim for
damages arising out of or connected with the sale, delivery, or use of
"Item"
D. The buyer, or buyers successors and assigns, agrees to hold the seller
harmless from and will indemnify seller from damages caused by the use of
the "Item".

Etc, etc....

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>