Re: primary coil

Hi Elli,

Although we can calculate and theorize for days on end, "any" wire will
work for a primary.  I would pick the stuff that looks fairly thick and has
lots of copper in it.  The thicker it is the less the loss will be and the
better the sparks.  However, we are talking maybe 20% from best to worst so
it is not super critical.

Copper tubing is nice because it stays put and you can tap it easily at any
point to adjust the coil.  Coax may benefit from having the outer plastic
removed so it too can be tapped at any point.  You may also want to affix
it to something to hold it in place.

RG-8 and the similar numbers are about 1/2 inch thick and will always work
well.  There are a few of the 1/4 inch thick kinds that will also be fine.
There is very thin, like 3/32 inch coax, that is too thin.  I would avoid
"TV" coax that has aluminum foil in it.

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,

	Terry