Capacitor Sizing for Power

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi All!

        I just started working up the requirements for my 15/240 NST farm
coil and decided to try the P=rate*0.5*C*V^2 method. using a SRSG -at-120 BPS. I
have read that this is a "good ballpark figure" for minimum cap size needed
to handle the power.
Now 15KV*240mA= 2700 W Substituting gives us
2700=120*0.5*15000^2*C  or
2700=60*15*15*1E6*C which reduces to
3/15*1E-6=C  or
0.20uF=C = 200nF

Using the resonance relationship to calculate the minimum capacitance:
XL=2*pi*f*L=Xc=1/(2*pi*f*C)
if R<<XL then Z=E/I ~XL
XL=15000/.240=62500=377*L or L=166.8Hy
Xc=1/(2pi*f*C)
62500=1/377C or 2.35625*1e7=1/C
4.244*1e-8=C or,
C=42.44nF
A difference of 470% is not close in my ballpark. Even doubling the value for
LTR gives an error >230%
Am I missing something obvious or am I just brain dead this week?

Matt D.