Re: NorCal Teslathon -- Interesting Devices and Effects

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

> The better/more-common the grounds the more this kind of thing will be
> seen to happen.  It's nothing more than EM coupling of 1 coil to the
> other.  When they're near enough in Fr & near enough together it can
> happen.  And it will be much more evident before spark break-out since
> that's when the "sending" coil is radiating the most EMF.

ken, all
i saw this happen at the N.E. ohio teslathon last year when my coil was
running. my coil uses no rf ground to earth  and operates at 33khz, the
coil that was 15' away was only 4" dia. and about 18" long (guessing
around 150khz) and was turned off and not plugged in (very miss matched
fr). my coil was also in breakout condition.
i fired my coil while the owner was explaining something about his coil
when he got a "bite"?????
i believe he is on this list but very "seldom" posts (mark, do you
remember this? comments?)
was one of the strangest energy transfers i've seen or heard about.
marc m.