RE: Primary Strikes, how serious/bad?

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Jonathan:
Let me add that I use the approach that Dave McKinnon (D&M High Voltage) has
successfully used in the past.
Instead of the convential grounded "C" strike rail, Dave uses a 1/8 or 3/16"
thick piece of acryllic suspended about 1 inch above the <flat> primary. if
your primary is 24" diameter for example and the secondary is 6" diameter,
take a 24x24 and cut a 6.5-7" hole and slide it down then use PVC or plastic
support posts.
This plastic shield takes the occasional hit and stops them by dissapating
the strike.
I'm not sure how it works but it does.
And, as a side benefit, it keeps dirt and dust off your shiney copper
primary.

Safety First

Ted