Terry's Protection Filter

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

Hello Terry, all,

I was wondering if you ever considered designing a pole
pig compatable version of your protective filter circuit? I know
the 1800 volt MOVs won't take the current, but I was just
wondering if this circuit could be made "piggie friendly"?
I've found, as others have, that pole pigs are very robust
beasts that can easily handle the abuse of Tesla circuits,
but I was thinking in case one wanted to play it safe, it
would be nice to have a filter circuit suitable for a pole
pig. I'm using a lightning arrester for the safety gap of my pig
system, but I still have air-cores inductors for the RF filters
and I think these may do more harm than good. I suppose
the sheer toughness of pole pigs has rendered the development
of a filter circuit for them perceived as unneeded. Just won-
dering.

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben