Re: Thought on MMCs...

Original poster: "michael.tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

Hi Terry

---Big-Big-el-snip-ola---

Iv got to go along with you on all the point that you have raised.
Just to let you know just how popular the MMC has become over
here in the UK.
Two years ago with the help of Alan Sharp the first UK bulk buy
was set up with 3000 0.047uF caps ordered, later Richie Burnett
ordered another 2000 or so Nick feilds and Steve Rodway have
also set up bulk buys, The biggest to date is the bulk buy of the Ex-MOD
0.068uF caps, four of us got together and picked up 9000, most of
these going outside the UK. Coilers from the US, Canada, Germany
France and Switzerland got there hands on 200 to 300 each.

I think there may be a few diehards in the UK, but most coilers are
using the MMC plus bleed resistor design.

Salt water, plate caps, rolled poly, extended foil and pro build cap
by maxwell and the plastic cap co are well and truly DEAD.....

So what will be the next leap in coil performance, only time will tell
but one thing is sure, that with a list like ours with ideas flying back
and fourth across the world. It will come..

Just remember the performance jump when Richard Quick and the TCBOR
first perfected the "RQ static gap"

Well done to Chip & Terry and keep those ideas coming

Cheers Mike Tucknott (UK coil)