Re: Thought on MMCs...

Hi Justin,

MMCCalc displays the current in the far right.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/programs/Mmccalc2.zip

It will tell you how may caps adn teh number of rows and string you need.
It is bassed off the equations in:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/MMCPower4.html

A post on this is found with Chip's great new Google search engine of old
posts at www.pupman-dot-com (I never write these things down :-))

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/2000/September/msg00552.html

The geeks caps can take 13 amps RMS at 22 degrees / watt.

Cheers,

	Terry