VLTC very little Tesla coil

Original poster: "Skip Greiner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>

Here are the specs that several have requested:
Pri: 10 turns #20 pvc stranded. Res freq with cap about 1.2mhz
Sec: 2"diameter cardboard form by 8". wound 6.75" with ? turns of #24 magnet
wire. Res freq with no top load is about 2.2mhz
Cap: .001, 20kv
Power:  6kvdc-at-1ma
Break: 2 6-32 screws. Separation has little effect on output
Terminal: Adding capacitance to top terminal does not change output and creates
only a small change in frequency. I tuned the unit by changing the primary
turns for best output.
Oper. Freq: about 1.4mhz
Output sparks: 1.5 to 2"
Scope traces are typical TC decreasing oscillation with first notch quenching.
The power supply is not capable of recharging the cap unless the gap is made
miniscule, in that case there can be multiple notch quenching. I have not yet
measured the rep rate of the cap discharge but it seems to be fron 500 to 1000
per second.
The parts used to build the unit were what I had on hand!

A 100W light bulb placed on the top terminal will be completely filled with
streamers. Very small gauge wire waves around as on large TCs. Florescent tubes
light up to 10 to12" from coil

Skip