Re: DC coil help

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <moritz-at-1723-dot-net>

Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net> (Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at
03:26:42PM -0600):
> Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>

> list,
> I am new to coiling, and I am just finishing my first coil (4.5"
> secondary, 450W input). My next coil project is going to be a small
> table top (2") coil. I want to make it battery powered (24vdc) but i
> don't understand how to step up the voltage with DC. last time i checked
> transformers are useless with DC input. how would you go about powering
> a TC with this kind of power without an expensive power inverter? thanks
> for the help,
> Robert

it might not be DC afterwards, but try to use a device called
,,funkeninduktor'' in
german (was in use in old broadcast-station)

it AFAIK steps up the pulses you get when DC starts/stops to flow through a
coil
with a iron-core-transformer.

--
moritz

i wish people would like really long sigs....