Triggered gap questions

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy all,

Started messing with a triggered gap last night, and I realized I didn't
know how they are supposed to act. With no caps in circuit, power arcing
only, should turning off the trigger extiguish the arc? Should the arc go
from sg electrode to the trigger 'ode and then to the other sg 'ode, or once
fired should it cross the sg 'odes only, and skip the trigger 'ode? My
trigger 'ode was getting hot, fast.

What about setting/tuning TSGs? Set the gap just far enough that the nst
alone can't fire it, or wider or what?

Thanks, as always!

Jonathan Peakall