Re: Aluminum wire in an NST

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

In fact, my 14.4 kV 25 kVA pig has aluminum primary
and secondary windings.

http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/misc/pig1.jpg
http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/misc/pig2.jpg

Adam

<snip>

> It is an inaccurate statement. This originated from
> a list member who had a
> misunderstanding of magnetic phenomena and their
> effects relative to Tesla
> Coils. In reality, aluminum wire (while indeed being
> slightly
> paramagnetic), is perfectly safe and is used in many
> NST's and some
> distribution transformers. For more details, search
> on "paramagnetic" in
> the Tesla List archives.
>
> Best regards,
>
> -- Bert --