Re: Sync motor :-(

Hi Josh,

I assume the motor's armature looks pretty much like:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/salnt_1t.jpg

With the flats ground close to those pictured.

The only thing I can think of is that the starter winding switch is not
disengaging properly.  When the motor reaches a certain speed, the heavy high
current starter windings are supposed to be turned off by a centrifugal switch.

Maybe give the internal starter winding switch and it's mechanism another look.

Cheers,

        Terry