1/4 HP sync motor power

Hi All,

FYI

I captured the following scope picture showing the voltage, current, and
power into my 1/4 HP A.O Smith motor that is converted to synchronous.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/small_power.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/4thHPsync.gif

It draws 158 watts of real power.  494.7 VA.  I think the jaggedness in the
current waveform may be due to the edges of the flats interacting with the
poles as they go by.  But I am not sure of that.  I wonder if power factor
correction would have any use for these motors or if that would cause
problems?  For some reason I don't think PFC caps and motors are supposed
to be used together...

PFC caps would also interfere with John's controller...

Cheers,

	Terry